WHAT IS THE ACTS NETWORK?
A form of church for our changing culture, established primarily for the benefit of those who are not yet part of any church. Each Acts Network community is contextual and seeks to connect with people on their turf (being incarnational). With an emphasis on being incarnational, we have opportunities to build relationships with people we’d otherwise not know.
The world and culture are constantly shifting. Fewer people are attending church on a Sunday morning but the message of God’s love has not changed. Because of this, we have the obligation of asking how we best can connect with those who are far away from God and intentionally build communities and relationships for the sake of Christ.
HOW DOES AN ACTS NETWORK GROUP DEVELOP?
Paying attention to how God has created you, what interests or social concerns are you passionate about that you could see a community developing around? This is a starting point for an Acts Network initiative:
1) Listen – Take the appropriate amount of time to listen. Listen to the context, to where there are needs in the community, to where people may be open to conversations and sharing life together. Pay Attention
2) Love and Serve – After listening well, love and serve in tangible ways. By loving and serving, we have an opportunity to have deeper relationships and build trust.
3) Build Community – As you love and serve, a community will start to form and life will be shared.
4) Explore Discipleship – From the community that has been formed, we look for ways to explore discipleship together. Discipleship is at the heart of every Acts Network group as we seek to have these communities know of a God who loves them.
5) Church Taking Shape – As a community starts to explore discipleship a church will start to take shape. As this happens, each group will implement elements of worship contextually.
6) Prayer – The entire journey is undergirded by prayer. Every step of the way we lift these efforts to God and seek wisdom and discernment about how to connect with those far from God.
Some examples of existing groups are Dinner Church, Yoga Church, IF Tables, House Worship, Rugby Church, and Puff & Pontification. We are excited about exploring new possible Acts Network groups! If you would like to connect and explore an idea or possibility, please contact Mitch Marcello.
Do you have a desire to be sent out and start an IF:Table, or wonder what one could look like in your life? There will be 7 training sessions at the North Campus on alternating Wednesdays beginning September 4th from 5:30 – 7:30 PM. The evening will include fellowship and a meal around an IF:Table. All are welcome to attend. Bring a dish to share, a Bible, and a notebook. To register, contact Melissa Lundy at [email protected] or 570-419-0445.